Pre-Examination Preparation Instructions
Before you arrive for your thermographic examination, certain protocols must be strictly followed in order to ensure that your images reflect accurate information.
- No sun exposure (especially sunburn) to the body areas being imaged 5 days prior to the exam.
- No use of lotions, oils, creams, powders, or makeup on the areas to be imaged the day of the exam.
- No shaving of the areas to be imaged the day of the exam.
- No treatment (chiropractic, acupuncture, TENS, physical therapy, electrical muscle stimulation, ultrasound, hot or cold pack use), sauna use, or physical stimulation of the areas to be imaged for 24 hours before the exam.
- No exercise 8 hours prior to the exam.
- If showering, it must be no closer than 1 hour before the exam. No baths 24 hours prior to the exam.
- If you are using pain medications, please avoid taking them for 4 hours prior to the examination. You must consult with the prescribing physician for his or her consent prior to any change in medication use.
- If you are scheduled for a breast thermogram, the same protocol above applies along with no physical stimulation of the breasts for 24 hours before the exam, and if you are nursing please try to nurse as far from 1 hour prior to the exam as possible.
- Please note: During the examination you will be disrobed (from the waist up for breast exams, and buttocks exposed for lower body exams) during part of the examination for both imaging and to allow for the surface temperature of the body to equilibrate with the room. A female technician is provided for all female patients.
Thank you for choosing our center and we look forward to meeting you.